Wednesday, November 10, 2010

All Saints Day


Sunday at church was All Saints Day. This is a day to remember all those we have lost this year. Tough Day for everyone in my family. Although several pictures were taken at this event the one below of Peyton touching my dad's picture melts my heart. There are no words. This day resurfaced a lot of feelings of anger, sadness, frustration, hope, memories, and so many more. The emotion I feel on most days is how much I miss my dad. This is the longest I have gone without talking to him and I feel the loss more than ever. I still have a hard time grasping that my dad/dad's name is on a list of people who have passed away this year. I found this poem that says what I am feeling at this moment. I made a few changes but a lady named Marcy Harper wrote it.


Your absence has left me full of endless days.
Like the much dreaded heat and the Eastern Shore haze.

The toying, the strings; on this ride, I remain.
Leaves me feeling at times, that I’m going insane.

It’s the ride from Hell, where I feel I will stay.
But, it was all in the cards and to Jesus, I pray.

That this strength and this grace that so few possess.
Will help carry me through this difficult process.

The love that we have is boundless and strong.
And you are still by my side where you will always belong.

Your wisdom is by far the most one could imagine.
For your keen eye could always see beyond the horizon.

You taught us all how to love and be happy.
It doesn’t take much, live it simple, live it free!

We’re all here for a while, or a lifetime, a season.
And we both know Everything Happens For a Reason.

I feel that in time, this heartache will subside.
Until then, my love, just know of the pride.

That you filled my life with while you were still here.
And that in my heart, I will always hold you dear.

I pray to God and ask him to see me through.
These dreamless nights and endless days, until again, I can be with you.


3 comments:

The Wildes said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, let us know if there is anything we can do. You and your family are in our prayers. Love you.

Terese said...

Always thinking about you, Love you my friend!!! :)

Jamie and Jill said...

Thinking about you!