Tuesday, January 27, 2009

5 Minutes

I just wanted to share 5 minutes of my day with everyone.  Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures.

5:05--The kids are hungry and Peyton requests cereal and Presley mac and cheese. Fine with me. I get the cereal out and Peyton is mad that she didn't get to pour the cereal so I have to dump the cereal back into the bag and start over. Meanwhile Presley is pulling and whining on my leg for me to pick her up and get her food ready.  So I pick her up and put her is her chair and put Mac and Cheese in microwave and help Peyton pour milk in her bowl.

5:06--Peyton is now in her chair and is just about to take her first bite when she starts crying because she is cold (she is wearing a dress because she is OBSESSED with wearing dresses) so I try and get her to change into pants and a shirt and she does not like that idea so we decide to keep on the dress and wrap her in her blanket.  Now Presley food is done and I give it to her.  

5:07-- Peyton is now upset yet again because while she was crying about being cold her cereal has gotten soggy and she can't eat it.  Presley doesn't want Mac and Cheese any more and has flung it across the counter and is sreaming her head off because I take her down from the counter to clean it up.  So now I have both girls mad and screaming!  So I am cleaning the counters and floors and trying to reason with Peyton, when Peyton takes her blanket off her shoulders and flings onto the counter knocking over a cup holding baby fish in it! (Yes, one of our new fish, in the 4 days we have had them had babies.  I tried to save them by taking them out of the tank and place them in a  cup of nice bottled water...that ended up killing them after a while. I will tell that story another time)  

5:08-- So now I have baby fish somewhere on my counter and both girls crying still.  So I am panicking trying to find these fish and keep them alive, cleaning up Mac and Cheese and trying to get someone to eat soggy cereal.  I do manage to capture the baby fish put them up high so nothing can knock them over again and explain to them that can fish can be out of water and still breathe.  My cellphone is now ringing....

5:09--So now Peyton is cold again and is still crying for several reasons now.  She still wants to wear her dress and is cold, her cereal is soggy and now her blanket is wet from spilling the fish. Presley is pulling on my clothes for me to put her back in her chair , so I put her in her chair and she is still upset throwing her sippy cup on the floor. I re-make the Mac and Cheese and make a fresh bowl of cereal.  Peyton doesn't want the cereal anymore and Presley still doesn't want Mac and Cheese.

5:10--My cellphone is ringing again.....so frustrated I switch the meals.  I give Presley cereal. She eats it. I give Peyton the Mac and Cheese. She eats it.  And then the girls are happy, laughing and smiling like the last five minutes never happened.  Me on the other hand am exhauted!!!  Cellphone still ringing......I finally answer it.  It is Trevor. "Hey babe, what do you want to do for dinner?"  AHHHHHHH

3 comments:

The Wildes said...

So funny!!!

The Hodge Family said...

Wow! You are my hero Meg! ;-)

Katie and Matt said...

Best story ever!! This literally sounds like a retelling of what goes on in my house EVERYDAY (minus the dead baby fish!!).