Monday, July 19, 2010

Resting Place

On July 11, 2010 we put my dad in his resting place. We had a small ceremony at La Casa De Cristo in the memorial gardens where my dad is now officially resting. It is nice to have him somewhere where we can go and visit with him but it is also a reminder that this is real. Dad is not coming back. It was nice to be surrounded by family and once again share many wonderful memories of my dad. We have been up to see him now 3 or 4 times. It is so great to have him there. Again, thank you to everyone who has shown my family and me love and support through this tender time.

Dad, I love you and will come and visit you at every opportunity I have. I hope you are at peace and are comfortable. We miss you and still cry for you daily. Meg




Saying our final goodbyes


The original five back together
My dads brothers: Joe, Bill, and Bob.
Us and Dad
Lindsay, Kevin and Dad
Jenn, Matt and Dad
The Broken Chain
Submitted by: litlebakergrl
Author: Ron Tranmer
We little knew that day,
God was going to call your name.
In life we loved you dearly,
In death, we do the same.

It broke our hearts to lose you.
You did not go alone.
For part of us went with you,
The day God called you home.

You left us beautiful memories,
Your love is still our guide.
And although we cannot see you,
You are always at our side.

Our family chain is broken,
And nothing seems the same,
But as God calls us one by one,
The chain will link again.

2 comments:

Jamie and Jill said...

Been thinking about you a lot. My heart aches for you. We will continue to keep your family in our prayers.

We just laid my sister-n-law (Jamie's little sister) to rest there as well. It's comforting to have a place to visit.

The Hodge Family said...

Always thinking of you guys. You are continuously in our prayers.