Friday, June 11, 2010

What's Heaven?

Last night I was reading a book called What's Heaven by Maria Shriver to the girls before bed. It is a wonderful book about alittle girl asking questions about heaven when a loved one dies. And since the girls are very curious about heaven it does a great job of explaining these questions. I probably should of read the book to myself before out loud to the girls because half way into the book I found myself vulnerable and emotional. I think it was the simplicity of all the answers and talking about ones soul that brought me to tears. And just when I thought I really need to get myself together, this conversation occurred,

Peyton: "Mom why are you crying?"

Mom: " Well this book as made me think of your Papa and his soul and all the things that made up his soul"

Peyton: " Go ahead and cry mom, you are okay, I will hold you"

Presley: " You sad mom? Don't worry, Papa is safe now."

And then the three of laid there and I cried.

This morning I saw the girls laying together on the floor and I just felt so blessed. Blessed to have these 3 healthy and amazing girls. Blessed to know that no matter what age my girls are they will take care of me and keep me going.

Dear Peyton and Presley,

Thank you for last night. Thank you for being my rock and for giving me a moment to cry for my dad. I love you.

Mom.


2 comments:

The Wildes said...

Thank you for sharing that, Meghan, so sweet. Your a great example to those girls, of a strong woman who can still feel sad sometimes. Your amazing.

Terese said...

Meghan, Thank you for sharing this story...brought tears to my eyes. You are such a great mom and are raising three amazing little girls! I see you handling everything you are going through with such Grace! Love you!!